Tybee Jet Ski & Watersports Job Opportunities!
First of all, are you are a hard worker, self motivated, looking for job opportunities in a fun summer outdoor atmosphere? Willing to work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions, in addition, able to work with the public with a great attitude? Then we are hiring individuals to work tourism business.
Job opportunities available includes: Activity Coordinators (Jet Ski & Kayak Guide), Kayak Tour Guides, Assistant Manager and Office/Reservation Assistants. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Safety and Customer Service are our number one priorities! In addition, we are looking for friendly people with positive attitudes who are excited about working with locals, celebrities and the vacationing public. Furthermore, all applicants must be able to work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions. These positions are physically demanding jobs, most of all, you must be able to lift heavy kayaks at least 50 pounds.
Employees cannot be afraid of pets and must have a pet friendly attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All employees will be certified in adult, infant, and child CPR and First Aid. Having your Certification therefore, is a plus. If you are not CPR certified; don’t worry, we will get you certified as part of our program.
We will provide training to all applicants. Most of all, some personal time, effort and commitment is required to learn the different kayak tours and routes as well as the history of the area and the wildlife. All newly hired employees enter a 4-week probationary period at the beginning of their employment. This allows us time to evaluate your progress throughout your training to ensure you have what it takes to become a member of our team. We value integrity, loyalty, hard work, commitment and team work. Hence, each individual of our team is an ambassadors that represents the company. As a result, your action are our action. We expect professionalism at all time.
Description: This position requires excellent customer service, telephone skills and good communication skills. Applicant must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Must be able to multitask and able to provide professional customers service. Applicant must be able to be on her/his feet for the entire shift. Must be at least 18 years old. Starting pay is $8.00 – $11.00 per hour depending on experience.
- In charge of release of liability forms
- Handling money and credit cards Collect deposits and damage fees if needed
- Answer the telephone
- Schedule online telephone and in person booking
- Explain and enforce cancellation policies
- Grasp complex scheduling options
- Shop upkeep
- Give water safety briefing and ensuring required safety video is watched
- Provide basic kayak assistance and briefing
- Account for kayak pickup and deliveries Inventory and inspect equipment
- Assist in loading and unloading of kayaks
- Launch and docking kayaks
- Other office duties as required
Kayak Tour Guide
Description: This position requires a desire to paddle and learn about kayaking, required routes, and wildlife of the area. Applicants must be able to lift heavy kayaks, walk in sand, swim, and work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions. Must be friendly, professional and have a positive attitudes about working with locals and the vacationing public. It will require a commitment of personal time and effort to learn your kayak routes, tours and history.
We provide the training but becoming a guide will take practice and study. Our season is short so the candidate will have a set amount of time to learn the required knowledge and will be tested on it. If the results are not satisfactory the employee may be given additional time to meet requirements. Starting pay is $8.00 – $12.00 per hour depending on experience. Higher pay depends on experience, certifications, Tours contract, etc.
- Give basic paddling instructions
- Give boundaries and routes
- Go over safety instructions and weather concerns
- Help customers get fitted in their kayaks and life jackets
- Perform rescues and handle emergency situations if they arise
- Help load and unload kayak
- Assist customers in getting into and out of the kayak
- Offer basic paddling tips to enhance customer’s enjoyment
- Keep tour group together
- Must enjoy talking with customers to ensure positive experience
- Must know the tour routes (this will require some personal time to learn)
- Clean and maintain kayaks, trailer and trucks
- Determining tour routes based on tide, wind, and weather conditions
- Must be able to control large groups of varying abilities and ages
- Pointing out wildlife and educate participants about wildlife habits and ecology
- Assist with dock duties of setting up, cleaning, launching and docking kayak
- Assist with Jet ski launching and docking at dock
- Other maintenance duties as required
The Activity Coordinator positions includes Jet Ski Guide & Kayak Guide responsibilities. Jet Ski duties and responsibilities will be posted soon. Call office if interested in this specific position.
If you’d like to join our team for any of the above positions, please give us a call at (912) 786 8062. We look forward to hearing from you!