First of all, are you are a hard worker, self motivated, looking for job opportunities in a fun summer outdoor atmosphere? Willing to work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions, in addition, able to work with the public with a great attitude? Then we are hiring individuals to work in Eco-tourism business.
Job opportunities include: Activity Coordinators (Jet Ski & Kayak Guide), Kayak Tour Guides, Assistant Manager and Office/Reservation Assistants. Applicants must be at least 17 years old.
Safety and Customer Service are our number one priorities! In addition, we are looking for friendly people with positive attitudes who are excited about working with locals, celebrities and the vacationing public. Furthermore, all applicants must be able to work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions. These positions are physically demanding jobs, most of all, you must be able to lift heavy kayaks weighing at least 50 pounds.
Employees cannot be afraid of pets and must have a pet friendly attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All employees will be certified in adult, infant, and child CPR and First Aid. Having your Certification, therefore, is a plus. If you are not CPR certified; don’t worry, we will get you certified as part of our program.
We will provide training to all applicants. Most of all, some personal time, effort and commitment is required to learn the different kayak tours and routes as well as the wildlife and the history of the area. All newly hired employees enter a 4-week probationary period at the beginning of their employment. This allows us time to evaluate your progress throughout your training, to ensure you have what it takes to become a member of our team. We value integrity, loyalty, hard work, commitment and team work. Hence, each individual of our team is an ambassador that represents the company. As a result, your actions are our actions. We expect professionalism at all times.
Kayak Tour Guide / Activity Coordinator $15.00 — $50.00
Description: This position requires a desire to paddle and learn about kayaking, required routes and wildlife of the area. Applicants must be able to lift heavy kayaks, walk in sand, swim, and work outdoors in very hot and humid conditions. Must be friendly, professional and have a positive attitude about working with locals and the vacationing public. It will require a commitment of personal time and effort to learn your kayak routes, tours and history.
We provide the training, but becoming a guide will take practice and study. Our season is short so the candidate will have a set amount of time to learn the required knowledge and will be tested on it. If the results are not satisfactory, the employee may be given additional time to meet requirements. Starting pay is $15.00 — $50.00 per hour or tour depending on experience. Higher pay depends on experience, certifications, tours, contract, etc.
- Give basic paddling instructions
- Give boundaries and routes
- Go over safety instructions and weather concerns
- Help customers get fitted in their kayaks and life jackets
- Perform rescues and handle emergency situations if they arise
- Perform water rescues on kayak or rescue vessel as needed
- Help load and unload kayaks
- Assist customers in getting into and out of the kayak
- Offer basic paddling tips to enhance customer’s enjoyment
- Keep tour group together
- Must enjoy talking with customers to ensure positive experience
- Must know the tour routes (this will require some personal time to learn)
- Clean and maintain kayaks, trailer and trucks
- Determining tour routes based on tide, wind, and weather conditions
- Must be able to control large groups of varying abilities and ages
- Pointing out wildlife and educate participants about wildlife habits and ecology
- Assist with dock duties of setting up, cleaning, launching and docking kayakers
- Other maintenance duties as required
Jet Ski Activity Coordinator $15.00 — $50.00
Jet Ski activity coordinator duties and responsibilities includes: kayak activity coordinator duties and other jet ski duties and responsibilities. Jet Ski duties will be posted soon.
Call office if interested in this specific position. Prior Jet ski guide experience is a plus but not necessary. You must learn kayak coordinator responsibilities and duties first, before coming a Jet Ski activity coordinator.
If you’d like to join our team for any of the above positions, please give us a call at (912) 786 8062. We look forward to hearing from you!